Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bitter

In the depths of my soul, My hearts been bottomed out
Lights have dimmed, the sparkle in your eye's out
My mind wanders dazed in this fog, Searching for you, Searching for a way out.

You led me through dark times 
Guiding light, Embalming my pain
Raising me from the depths of my shame, To the cliffs of redemption
And now you've pushed me over

As I fall through the dark clouds 
The wind whistles your name
And as the black earth embraces me
I taste your love one last time 
And its bitter. 

With or without you, now it feels just the same
Who's at fault, who's to blame
Your passion's frozen over,  And what's a moth to do, without it's flame

You'd blow hot and cold
That I could take 
But now there's nothing, and I'm running out of air
I'd cry for help, 
but you just don't care 

I feel the walls closing in
The fight in me's fading
And as darkness washes over everything 
I look back to the memories of you


And they're bitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment