Sunday, June 10, 2018

Roopkund

There lies a lake, A mirror for the gods
Shining on the bones of the dead
Covered in ice,  Covered by snow
O'er the Whistling mountains is where it lies

I set out with puffed chest and tightened belt
A spring in the step, a tune on the lips,
A week or a month I did not care
The miles ahead seemed just like a bit

Waters of divine reflection
Blue are your depths
My sorrows no more can I face
Lend me your calm embrace
O'er the Whistling mountains, where you lie

But the mountain laughed, Whistling Screams
Sun and sorrow, darkened body and soul
You are not worthy, moaned the wind
And blew me away, I was forsaken

Water of divine reflection
Blue are your depths
I'll return, having paid my debts
Until then fare thee well
O'er the Whistling mountains where you lie
O'er the Whistling mountains where you lie.....

No comments:

Post a Comment